Skip to main content

When I wake up in the morning light, I put on my blue jeans and I feel alright

Wow, I've neglected posting, but alot went down this week. The above title is in complete disregard of Andrew Call's clothing policy but probably applies to most everyone else. Anyway, today marks 2 weeks since a very long, hard run and I feel pretty decent and have got back to doubling the last couple days and have done a bit of steadier work. I had the pleasure of attending an O'Connells karaoke night for the first time with Libby on Wednesday. I managed to avoid getting roped into a song, but promised that upon returning I would step up to the plate. I was thinking of going with "Boogie On Reggae Woman" but might have settled for something else mellow. Thursday night skolnick and I biked around and cruised campus before settling down for some Scrabble at THe Plaid and then bugging a grumpy Hollingsworth at the Midway. Better still, I managed to make Friday lunch at Pepe's con Sacker. THe tamales were sublime, the staff eclectic and sttractive, and Sacker up to his normal antics. On this day his mind revolved around the possible annexing of Texas back to Mexico and then a recapturing of the state so they are a more eager participant and therefore acceptable participant in the union, even if some of their liberties are diminished. What can I say, the guy has spent some time thinking about this.
I think I have more or less figured the Boston will be the goal for this spring which will mean a little different build up than this past fall and summer and hopefully I will make some changes that will allow me to race a little faster at some $ races in the midst of high volume. Included is a hastily contrived link, but by no means a worthless entity, Forward Foods. Definitely the most comprehensive collection of cheeses in Norman, and much more...

Comments

Wade Cortez said…
i sumbled on your blog by accident...i was looking for the singer who sang the song. "when i wake up in the morning light...." i googled that i i ended up on your blog....i like your reads......WCC....
http://copiouscogitations.blogspot.com/
Unknown said…
Same reason as Wade , except I yahoo'd

Popular posts from this blog

ride the wave

I hit the track this morning for some work. It was another nice morning but I can't imagine the humidity abating for long. Jordan and Meagan had matching workouts of 4-8-12-16-16-12-8-4 w/ 60 second rest. The paces prescribed were quick and I didn't run great but I tried to hang with Jordan on the middle reps. I should hopefully be able to substantially improve on my efforts this morning and maybe feel better doing it. I did something like a 200-500-1100-800-1600-1200-600-200, I wasn't happy with missing out on the first 1600 but I had to break for the restroom and I at least touched on some faster paces on the other reps. The recovery made it a pretty honest effort and I at least was able to sneak below 5:00 pace. My goal for the summer is breaking 15:00 so we'll see what happens. The picture above is my uncle's digital rendering of a wave complete with a frigate bird. I think he used only Adobe throughout the process.

Where you at?

Those were the words uttered, or shouted, over and over at me through the phone as Skolnick and I headed out of the apartment to see what manner of road kill awaited. As we headed down Buchanan St. to try to corral a one Spenis Hunt, we started peaking in to several bars to see where this hooligan was lurking. Our phone convo circuitously proceeded something like Me: All right man we're looking for you, so you're in Joe's? Spenis: Yeah Joe's and Othello's. Where you at? Me: I coming from just up the street at Essex, stay where you are we're coming for you. Spenis: Where you at? La Luna? I'm at White St. and Boomer. Me: Fuck me. How the hell did you get over there so fast? Now where are you, we're on White St. and I don't see you. Spenis: Where the fuck you at? So as you can see, we were in a bind. Spencer was clearly obliterated, PD were out and about, and I couldn't seem to find the asshole, considering I'm walking down the street, which are...

I'm so sorry I came in late this evening, all the clocks around town had died

I had some fatigue in the quads this morning, which I didn't really expect because yesterday was a medium day on the treadmill, but I've been stringing together some good days and every once in a while the quality takes it toll. I feel generally good though running the miles right now. I did just that this evening, but made the mistake of eating the darko choco bar prior to and paid the price at about the hour mark. Stomach started talking to me but I made it home, only felt rubbish on the few strides I actually pulled off. It was a very windy afternoon, but temps were great and I bumped in to Jenny Graef and legged out some miles in good company, after we stopped to let her new pooch out for a whiz. I got into my promo beer this evening, my version of pepto, I had the Southampton IPA and Gordon Biersch Golden Bock. The IPA needs more IBUs albeit having a nice floral aroma, it lacks some punch and the bock was sweet scented and curiously higher alcohol but sort of low on anythi...