Skip to main content

danced myself right into tune

It's been a wearying last few days at OKRunner Edmond. We sold alot of shoes out there under the hot sun and brought alot of attention to the store, which will hopefully keep Jerry a bit more busy selling shoes instead of shining the floors. Anyway, in the interest of decompressing, Jerry, Ayuko, Tim, and meself went and had a few beers after loading up Tim's sweet new ride, a U-Haul. After that I proceeded to OKC to join up with Spenis, and of course toast the evening with a shot of Sauza. McNellie's followed then, a visit to the Mini-mart with Mike and Spenis in tow on the way to cheer on Team OKRunner at the Midnight Streak. Against my better judgment we went to Edna's and the smoke and noise basically put the cap on the evening. At some point I passed out in the proximity of Spenis's house and woke up with a rug burn over my back from Benoit dragging me around in the front yard. Spenis was a doll and even made me coffee this morning which we held high in saluting the final day of Le Tour as it concluded down the Champs Elysees. I'm currently enjoying the film Billy Elliot, a BBC production about a working class kid who finds his nontypical calling and in doing so empassions his family and community. I highly recommend it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ride the wave

I hit the track this morning for some work. It was another nice morning but I can't imagine the humidity abating for long. Jordan and Meagan had matching workouts of 4-8-12-16-16-12-8-4 w/ 60 second rest. The paces prescribed were quick and I didn't run great but I tried to hang with Jordan on the middle reps. I should hopefully be able to substantially improve on my efforts this morning and maybe feel better doing it. I did something like a 200-500-1100-800-1600-1200-600-200, I wasn't happy with missing out on the first 1600 but I had to break for the restroom and I at least touched on some faster paces on the other reps. The recovery made it a pretty honest effort and I at least was able to sneak below 5:00 pace. My goal for the summer is breaking 15:00 so we'll see what happens. The picture above is my uncle's digital rendering of a wave complete with a frigate bird. I think he used only Adobe throughout the process.

Where you at?

Those were the words uttered, or shouted, over and over at me through the phone as Skolnick and I headed out of the apartment to see what manner of road kill awaited. As we headed down Buchanan St. to try to corral a one Spenis Hunt, we started peaking in to several bars to see where this hooligan was lurking. Our phone convo circuitously proceeded something like Me: All right man we're looking for you, so you're in Joe's? Spenis: Yeah Joe's and Othello's. Where you at? Me: I coming from just up the street at Essex, stay where you are we're coming for you. Spenis: Where you at? La Luna? I'm at White St. and Boomer. Me: Fuck me. How the hell did you get over there so fast? Now where are you, we're on White St. and I don't see you. Spenis: Where the fuck you at? So as you can see, we were in a bind. Spencer was clearly obliterated, PD were out and about, and I couldn't seem to find the asshole, considering I'm walking down the street, which are...

I'm so sorry I came in late this evening, all the clocks around town had died

I had some fatigue in the quads this morning, which I didn't really expect because yesterday was a medium day on the treadmill, but I've been stringing together some good days and every once in a while the quality takes it toll. I feel generally good though running the miles right now. I did just that this evening, but made the mistake of eating the darko choco bar prior to and paid the price at about the hour mark. Stomach started talking to me but I made it home, only felt rubbish on the few strides I actually pulled off. It was a very windy afternoon, but temps were great and I bumped in to Jenny Graef and legged out some miles in good company, after we stopped to let her new pooch out for a whiz. I got into my promo beer this evening, my version of pepto, I had the Southampton IPA and Gordon Biersch Golden Bock. The IPA needs more IBUs albeit having a nice floral aroma, it lacks some punch and the bock was sweet scented and curiously higher alcohol but sort of low on anythi...