Skip to main content

no kill policy

Winds remain unceasing, whereas yesterday I opted for the treadmill in the morning because I was unmotivated and still a bit lethargic after the weekend, today I went outdoors. I don't think it was actually as windy as yesterday evening, when I basically watched it go from sunny to questionably swirly cloudy. John has jumped on the treadmill bandwagon and searched out capable locales in B'ville. I must say that I curiously felt pretty good yesterday afternoon after a morning running easy with some inclines thrown in. The treadmill provided more cushioning than the roads would have and I think it allowed for a little more recovery due to less pounding. I'm going to continue to utilize this curious machine and see what I think of its effects on the fitness. And yes my indignation has subsided since I found out about this guy's use of the 'mill. I did end up running a kind of marathon effort thing this morning, although I have no idea how fast I was going because I ran 5 miles into the wind pretty easy to start and then the next 7 or so were quicker with the wind at my back for the most part. I guess I'm going to track it up for a 5k this Saturday. I'm not real psyched for it but I'll at least try to not be super dead-legged.

There's a wealth of beer realted podcasts on itunes but they're a little tedious and long-winded. I think that people have this tendency to go a bit long becuase their a group of people who like to expound on a topic. SOme of the new music podcasts get so dull because these guys are just carrying on a conversation and while I understand that the better reviewed shows are ramblings and musings that people find entertaining, I think they would do well to keep it brief and on a predetermined topic. Something like the Wine Spectator video podcast is much more concise and to the point. I guess I'm not as big of a fan of the talk radio type of podcast. The evolution of these types of shows is definitely the video podcast, because part of the experience is visual not just taste or oral sentiment. The Craft Brew Radio Feed is alright, although I wasn't impressed by their chocolate knowledge, in a pairing episode.

Comments

Heather said…
I hear you are considering the marathon in April! There are quite a few people going from what John and I hear, should be fun!

Popular posts from this blog

ride the wave

I hit the track this morning for some work. It was another nice morning but I can't imagine the humidity abating for long. Jordan and Meagan had matching workouts of 4-8-12-16-16-12-8-4 w/ 60 second rest. The paces prescribed were quick and I didn't run great but I tried to hang with Jordan on the middle reps. I should hopefully be able to substantially improve on my efforts this morning and maybe feel better doing it. I did something like a 200-500-1100-800-1600-1200-600-200, I wasn't happy with missing out on the first 1600 but I had to break for the restroom and I at least touched on some faster paces on the other reps. The recovery made it a pretty honest effort and I at least was able to sneak below 5:00 pace. My goal for the summer is breaking 15:00 so we'll see what happens. The picture above is my uncle's digital rendering of a wave complete with a frigate bird. I think he used only Adobe throughout the process.

Where you at?

Those were the words uttered, or shouted, over and over at me through the phone as Skolnick and I headed out of the apartment to see what manner of road kill awaited. As we headed down Buchanan St. to try to corral a one Spenis Hunt, we started peaking in to several bars to see where this hooligan was lurking. Our phone convo circuitously proceeded something like Me: All right man we're looking for you, so you're in Joe's? Spenis: Yeah Joe's and Othello's. Where you at? Me: I coming from just up the street at Essex, stay where you are we're coming for you. Spenis: Where you at? La Luna? I'm at White St. and Boomer. Me: Fuck me. How the hell did you get over there so fast? Now where are you, we're on White St. and I don't see you. Spenis: Where the fuck you at? So as you can see, we were in a bind. Spencer was clearly obliterated, PD were out and about, and I couldn't seem to find the asshole, considering I'm walking down the street, which are...

I'm so sorry I came in late this evening, all the clocks around town had died

I had some fatigue in the quads this morning, which I didn't really expect because yesterday was a medium day on the treadmill, but I've been stringing together some good days and every once in a while the quality takes it toll. I feel generally good though running the miles right now. I did just that this evening, but made the mistake of eating the darko choco bar prior to and paid the price at about the hour mark. Stomach started talking to me but I made it home, only felt rubbish on the few strides I actually pulled off. It was a very windy afternoon, but temps were great and I bumped in to Jenny Graef and legged out some miles in good company, after we stopped to let her new pooch out for a whiz. I got into my promo beer this evening, my version of pepto, I had the Southampton IPA and Gordon Biersch Golden Bock. The IPA needs more IBUs albeit having a nice floral aroma, it lacks some punch and the bock was sweet scented and curiously higher alcohol but sort of low on anythi...