Skip to main content

Live every week like it's shark week

So I'm not going to lie, my motivation has been a little low. When I do lace up the sneaks, I am glad I did, but every time I head out I am reminded that my foot is still a limiting factor and it fucking hurts. I appreciate the sentiment of my local running buddies, who being primed and motivated about there upcoming exploits, continue to try and pry me loose from the bonds of the couch but it also feels like I have to daily remind them that yes I have to run on soft surfaces and yes I have to warm up and yes I have to stretch and ice afterwards which usually necesitates some extra time thereby rendering me unable to run with said personalities.

I'm going to repeat the above mantra whenever I feel overwhelmed and frustrated and tell the chemicals in my brain that endorphins are begotten through a bit of physical toil. The more I think about it, I think I'm just in a bad mood this morning because I had to stoop so low as to drink expired Folgers coffee, which was indeed as dreadful as it sounds. I spat my third sip out and had to go sans caffeine until noon. Now I've got the Joao on and am working on a proper cup of Sidamo.

Comments

"I have to run on soft surfaces and yes I have to warm up and yes I have to stretch and ice afterwards"

didn't you have to do that stuff before you got injured? just kidding.

hey-got your call, but I probably won't be on the west side for a few days.

Popular posts from this blog

ride the wave

I hit the track this morning for some work. It was another nice morning but I can't imagine the humidity abating for long. Jordan and Meagan had matching workouts of 4-8-12-16-16-12-8-4 w/ 60 second rest. The paces prescribed were quick and I didn't run great but I tried to hang with Jordan on the middle reps. I should hopefully be able to substantially improve on my efforts this morning and maybe feel better doing it. I did something like a 200-500-1100-800-1600-1200-600-200, I wasn't happy with missing out on the first 1600 but I had to break for the restroom and I at least touched on some faster paces on the other reps. The recovery made it a pretty honest effort and I at least was able to sneak below 5:00 pace. My goal for the summer is breaking 15:00 so we'll see what happens. The picture above is my uncle's digital rendering of a wave complete with a frigate bird. I think he used only Adobe throughout the process.

Where you at?

Those were the words uttered, or shouted, over and over at me through the phone as Skolnick and I headed out of the apartment to see what manner of road kill awaited. As we headed down Buchanan St. to try to corral a one Spenis Hunt, we started peaking in to several bars to see where this hooligan was lurking. Our phone convo circuitously proceeded something like Me: All right man we're looking for you, so you're in Joe's? Spenis: Yeah Joe's and Othello's. Where you at? Me: I coming from just up the street at Essex, stay where you are we're coming for you. Spenis: Where you at? La Luna? I'm at White St. and Boomer. Me: Fuck me. How the hell did you get over there so fast? Now where are you, we're on White St. and I don't see you. Spenis: Where the fuck you at? So as you can see, we were in a bind. Spencer was clearly obliterated, PD were out and about, and I couldn't seem to find the asshole, considering I'm walking down the street, which are...

I'm so sorry I came in late this evening, all the clocks around town had died

I had some fatigue in the quads this morning, which I didn't really expect because yesterday was a medium day on the treadmill, but I've been stringing together some good days and every once in a while the quality takes it toll. I feel generally good though running the miles right now. I did just that this evening, but made the mistake of eating the darko choco bar prior to and paid the price at about the hour mark. Stomach started talking to me but I made it home, only felt rubbish on the few strides I actually pulled off. It was a very windy afternoon, but temps were great and I bumped in to Jenny Graef and legged out some miles in good company, after we stopped to let her new pooch out for a whiz. I got into my promo beer this evening, my version of pepto, I had the Southampton IPA and Gordon Biersch Golden Bock. The IPA needs more IBUs albeit having a nice floral aroma, it lacks some punch and the bock was sweet scented and curiously higher alcohol but sort of low on anythi...