Skip to main content

Trip down Porter road

So as I sit watching the Friday Night Fights, aka the Presidential debates, I wisely cracked some beers. Namely, I indulged in my last Chem Lab Porter, which is a meal of a beer. My one criticism is that with all the high tech gear those nerds have over there, they still can't produce a decent head on a beer. No, I'm not as hard core as Jordan with a full day's fast, I opted for a couple apricot chaussons but if I were, this beer provides all essential nutrients and minerals and therefore I opine that it is the ideal dieting beer.
I do hope that other folks are watching this thing. I cannot stand the down talking from Mccain as if he's more experienced in every avenue of the game. Don't tell me that because you've gone to Afghanistan or served in Vietnam that you deserve to be such a didactic presence. All you are capable of is your own agenda, which I think is far to much about isolationism. I don't have any problem with US leaders meeting with rebel groups or conflict oriented leaders, hell we're conflict-oriented. All that means is we address topics first hand without these quotes and rumors. I listened to an interview on Fresh Air yesterday with one of the Iranian translators for Ahmedinijad and he stated first and foremost that he didn't support him, that the meanings of these famous quotes are slightly misconstrued by the American public, and that the true rulers of the nation are the religious leaders who can control the Iranian president. I am scared, not of foriegn nations, oil prices, Muslims, or the Taliban. I'm afraid that there are to many people who believe this country is infallible, superior, and capable.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ride the wave

I hit the track this morning for some work. It was another nice morning but I can't imagine the humidity abating for long. Jordan and Meagan had matching workouts of 4-8-12-16-16-12-8-4 w/ 60 second rest. The paces prescribed were quick and I didn't run great but I tried to hang with Jordan on the middle reps. I should hopefully be able to substantially improve on my efforts this morning and maybe feel better doing it. I did something like a 200-500-1100-800-1600-1200-600-200, I wasn't happy with missing out on the first 1600 but I had to break for the restroom and I at least touched on some faster paces on the other reps. The recovery made it a pretty honest effort and I at least was able to sneak below 5:00 pace. My goal for the summer is breaking 15:00 so we'll see what happens. The picture above is my uncle's digital rendering of a wave complete with a frigate bird. I think he used only Adobe throughout the process.

Where you at?

Those were the words uttered, or shouted, over and over at me through the phone as Skolnick and I headed out of the apartment to see what manner of road kill awaited. As we headed down Buchanan St. to try to corral a one Spenis Hunt, we started peaking in to several bars to see where this hooligan was lurking. Our phone convo circuitously proceeded something like Me: All right man we're looking for you, so you're in Joe's? Spenis: Yeah Joe's and Othello's. Where you at? Me: I coming from just up the street at Essex, stay where you are we're coming for you. Spenis: Where you at? La Luna? I'm at White St. and Boomer. Me: Fuck me. How the hell did you get over there so fast? Now where are you, we're on White St. and I don't see you. Spenis: Where the fuck you at? So as you can see, we were in a bind. Spencer was clearly obliterated, PD were out and about, and I couldn't seem to find the asshole, considering I'm walking down the street, which are...

I'm so sorry I came in late this evening, all the clocks around town had died

I had some fatigue in the quads this morning, which I didn't really expect because yesterday was a medium day on the treadmill, but I've been stringing together some good days and every once in a while the quality takes it toll. I feel generally good though running the miles right now. I did just that this evening, but made the mistake of eating the darko choco bar prior to and paid the price at about the hour mark. Stomach started talking to me but I made it home, only felt rubbish on the few strides I actually pulled off. It was a very windy afternoon, but temps were great and I bumped in to Jenny Graef and legged out some miles in good company, after we stopped to let her new pooch out for a whiz. I got into my promo beer this evening, my version of pepto, I had the Southampton IPA and Gordon Biersch Golden Bock. The IPA needs more IBUs albeit having a nice floral aroma, it lacks some punch and the bock was sweet scented and curiously higher alcohol but sort of low on anythi...