Skip to main content

Curds on the way

An update for those interested:

I have been rolling out the miles, hoping to get ready for some spring races. I've been running more singles in an effort to consolidate the training stimulus, explore to the farthest reaches, and wash fewer running garments. The longer races are presumably what I will be better catered to my preparation and I will naturally hope that training through a warm Oklahoma spring gives me an edge if it comes to it. I am struggling a bit already to get the long pace runs in as it's pretty hot and fluid consumption is already a must. So a trail 50k may be the next start line I toe. In fact April is looking to be a race heavy month. Ill get some pics up of the training grounds in and around Stillwater, as I think they warrant some attention. Endless dirt roads and trails await, although I think I already know more about some of these venues than some of the locals.

I'm spending a week up in these digs mainly to await Jenny's parents arrival with, hopefully, a full bounty of cheese and beer from wisconsins best. She has yet another scholarship banquet or something that requires me wearing a collared shirt and shaving.My tasks for the week revolve around drinking a carafe of French press, getting in a good hilly run, maybe some intervals while avoiding dogs, and then preparing some exciting dinner/dessert riffs. I will get on to my movie watching exploits in a few days.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ride the wave

I hit the track this morning for some work. It was another nice morning but I can't imagine the humidity abating for long. Jordan and Meagan had matching workouts of 4-8-12-16-16-12-8-4 w/ 60 second rest. The paces prescribed were quick and I didn't run great but I tried to hang with Jordan on the middle reps. I should hopefully be able to substantially improve on my efforts this morning and maybe feel better doing it. I did something like a 200-500-1100-800-1600-1200-600-200, I wasn't happy with missing out on the first 1600 but I had to break for the restroom and I at least touched on some faster paces on the other reps. The recovery made it a pretty honest effort and I at least was able to sneak below 5:00 pace. My goal for the summer is breaking 15:00 so we'll see what happens. The picture above is my uncle's digital rendering of a wave complete with a frigate bird. I think he used only Adobe throughout the process.

Where you at?

Those were the words uttered, or shouted, over and over at me through the phone as Skolnick and I headed out of the apartment to see what manner of road kill awaited. As we headed down Buchanan St. to try to corral a one Spenis Hunt, we started peaking in to several bars to see where this hooligan was lurking. Our phone convo circuitously proceeded something like Me: All right man we're looking for you, so you're in Joe's? Spenis: Yeah Joe's and Othello's. Where you at? Me: I coming from just up the street at Essex, stay where you are we're coming for you. Spenis: Where you at? La Luna? I'm at White St. and Boomer. Me: Fuck me. How the hell did you get over there so fast? Now where are you, we're on White St. and I don't see you. Spenis: Where the fuck you at? So as you can see, we were in a bind. Spencer was clearly obliterated, PD were out and about, and I couldn't seem to find the asshole, considering I'm walking down the street, which are...

I'm so sorry I came in late this evening, all the clocks around town had died

I had some fatigue in the quads this morning, which I didn't really expect because yesterday was a medium day on the treadmill, but I've been stringing together some good days and every once in a while the quality takes it toll. I feel generally good though running the miles right now. I did just that this evening, but made the mistake of eating the darko choco bar prior to and paid the price at about the hour mark. Stomach started talking to me but I made it home, only felt rubbish on the few strides I actually pulled off. It was a very windy afternoon, but temps were great and I bumped in to Jenny Graef and legged out some miles in good company, after we stopped to let her new pooch out for a whiz. I got into my promo beer this evening, my version of pepto, I had the Southampton IPA and Gordon Biersch Golden Bock. The IPA needs more IBUs albeit having a nice floral aroma, it lacks some punch and the bock was sweet scented and curiously higher alcohol but sort of low on anythi...