Skip to main content

relax, it's a controlled burn

I'm taking a little down time from the shop that will include a visit to Taos, NM for the rest of the week. Today I was feeling a bit tired after a solid morning run, 10 hour day at the shop, and the yog home. Today Skolnick and I jogged a bit over to the track so he could time trial a 200. He didn't quite do his best but a 27 second split after just jogging over to the line literally and hitting a sprint is fine. Then I baked some cinnamon rolls and dropped our neighbor and buddy, Dalton, at work. Next was a nice jaunt on the bike. I needed to see what Lago di T-bird was looking like and since the wind was wailing out of the south, I really just had a crosswind that wasn't too obtrusive. Finally after finalizing my taxes, some reading, and a nap, I was readying myself for a second run when I noticed the Indian guys living in our apartment were up to there standard bimonthly parking lot cricket game and, shit, my car was right next to the "batters box" for lack of the true term, and just while I'm standing there this dude swings and fouls off the tennis ball right into the Matrix. So that basically made me sure that I needed to probably move my auto off of the asphalt playing field and in any case I recalled there was a gathering for my buddy Justin Lebeau and his wife to announce the gender of their child, so away I went, to spread the congrats and eat a few appropriately blue snacks in honor of a boy on the way. I knocked out the 2nd run as the sun was setting and felt pretty good ambling home. Maybe tomorrow I'll be on mountian time.

30th anniversary of the Wall

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ride the wave

I hit the track this morning for some work. It was another nice morning but I can't imagine the humidity abating for long. Jordan and Meagan had matching workouts of 4-8-12-16-16-12-8-4 w/ 60 second rest. The paces prescribed were quick and I didn't run great but I tried to hang with Jordan on the middle reps. I should hopefully be able to substantially improve on my efforts this morning and maybe feel better doing it. I did something like a 200-500-1100-800-1600-1200-600-200, I wasn't happy with missing out on the first 1600 but I had to break for the restroom and I at least touched on some faster paces on the other reps. The recovery made it a pretty honest effort and I at least was able to sneak below 5:00 pace. My goal for the summer is breaking 15:00 so we'll see what happens. The picture above is my uncle's digital rendering of a wave complete with a frigate bird. I think he used only Adobe throughout the process.

I'm so sorry I came in late this evening, all the clocks around town had died

I had some fatigue in the quads this morning, which I didn't really expect because yesterday was a medium day on the treadmill, but I've been stringing together some good days and every once in a while the quality takes it toll. I feel generally good though running the miles right now. I did just that this evening, but made the mistake of eating the darko choco bar prior to and paid the price at about the hour mark. Stomach started talking to me but I made it home, only felt rubbish on the few strides I actually pulled off. It was a very windy afternoon, but temps were great and I bumped in to Jenny Graef and legged out some miles in good company, after we stopped to let her new pooch out for a whiz. I got into my promo beer this evening, my version of pepto, I had the Southampton IPA and Gordon Biersch Golden Bock. The IPA needs more IBUs albeit having a nice floral aroma, it lacks some punch and the bock was sweet scented and curiously higher alcohol but sort of low on anythi...

tendinosis is in the air

Came off last week's midweek hilly long run with some pain in the achilles, the only other time I've encountered this is a month back heading in to the 3m 1/2. I don't recall having to do a whole lot to resolve it, just lots of foam roller massage and light eccentric stretching which is basically what I'm doing now but this definitely started in a more agitated state and I noticed a little nodule with localized tenderness. It's a little scary to head back out on the hills now but it will have to go down in the next couple weeks for a test. As of now, everything seems to be coming along well and I really only had to cut a couple days of mileage and intensity. I'll take this time to add some fuel to the old and oft maligned minimalist shoe debate. I pretty much run in only lightweight trainers and have for some time. I'm not afraid to put on the flats for workouts or runs when I'm feeling spry. I think we all know how this goes, some days you feel stiff an...