Skip to main content

einfach rauchbier

I've got another beer in the fermenter and am anticipating a very distinct result. You see I'm trying my hand at a rauchbier which means a smoke beer. I've basically used a recipe for a nice malty brown ale and then added smoked malt on top of that. I am a little concerned that I might get tired of this flavor but unfortunately that's something I can't remedy and so my friends and family may have to step it up if I can't bring myself to comsume all of this batch.
Just looking outside today makes me want to go have a BBQ which would be the ultimate compliment to this beer. I'm envisioning bringing a grill over to Jordan's new pad and having like a street party. Somehow though I think we may have to contend with The Don of Main Street so maybe we'll opt for another locale.

I'n stretching like a mad man right now and have found that my soleus and calves indeed had retightened since the last time I tried to make a big push against the PF, so hopefully the irritation starts to lessen. The ART guy that I've now seen twice is alright but I certainly am not getting am overwhemling level of care so maybe another couple weeks of appointments and then I'll have my friends and family continue a baseline of care. The guy evidently was a pretty good runner at Cal Poly with an 8:52 steeple best and low 14 and 29, 5 and 10k bests. It's unfortunate that he's now overweight and living in OKC not really aware of the local running scene, but as long as he helps me get healthy...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ride the wave

I hit the track this morning for some work. It was another nice morning but I can't imagine the humidity abating for long. Jordan and Meagan had matching workouts of 4-8-12-16-16-12-8-4 w/ 60 second rest. The paces prescribed were quick and I didn't run great but I tried to hang with Jordan on the middle reps. I should hopefully be able to substantially improve on my efforts this morning and maybe feel better doing it. I did something like a 200-500-1100-800-1600-1200-600-200, I wasn't happy with missing out on the first 1600 but I had to break for the restroom and I at least touched on some faster paces on the other reps. The recovery made it a pretty honest effort and I at least was able to sneak below 5:00 pace. My goal for the summer is breaking 15:00 so we'll see what happens. The picture above is my uncle's digital rendering of a wave complete with a frigate bird. I think he used only Adobe throughout the process.

Where you at?

Those were the words uttered, or shouted, over and over at me through the phone as Skolnick and I headed out of the apartment to see what manner of road kill awaited. As we headed down Buchanan St. to try to corral a one Spenis Hunt, we started peaking in to several bars to see where this hooligan was lurking. Our phone convo circuitously proceeded something like Me: All right man we're looking for you, so you're in Joe's? Spenis: Yeah Joe's and Othello's. Where you at? Me: I coming from just up the street at Essex, stay where you are we're coming for you. Spenis: Where you at? La Luna? I'm at White St. and Boomer. Me: Fuck me. How the hell did you get over there so fast? Now where are you, we're on White St. and I don't see you. Spenis: Where the fuck you at? So as you can see, we were in a bind. Spencer was clearly obliterated, PD were out and about, and I couldn't seem to find the asshole, considering I'm walking down the street, which are...

I'm so sorry I came in late this evening, all the clocks around town had died

I had some fatigue in the quads this morning, which I didn't really expect because yesterday was a medium day on the treadmill, but I've been stringing together some good days and every once in a while the quality takes it toll. I feel generally good though running the miles right now. I did just that this evening, but made the mistake of eating the darko choco bar prior to and paid the price at about the hour mark. Stomach started talking to me but I made it home, only felt rubbish on the few strides I actually pulled off. It was a very windy afternoon, but temps were great and I bumped in to Jenny Graef and legged out some miles in good company, after we stopped to let her new pooch out for a whiz. I got into my promo beer this evening, my version of pepto, I had the Southampton IPA and Gordon Biersch Golden Bock. The IPA needs more IBUs albeit having a nice floral aroma, it lacks some punch and the bock was sweet scented and curiously higher alcohol but sort of low on anythi...