Skip to main content

Professional Hitman = Growth Industry

I wonder if this is still the case, but how can it not be. I mean we obviously need to off some managerial higher-ups and regulatory who's-its. I'm watching the best John Cusack/ Minnie Driver/ Jimmie Piven film in existence, Grosse Pointe Blank. This thing is iconoclastic in both character image, homage, and soundtrack. If you have a dialogue like this, can you really go wrong in a non-commital, roguish type of film:
Debi: You know what you need?
Marty: What?
Debi: Shakabuku.
Marty: You wanna tell me what that means?
Debi: It's a swift, spiritual kick to the head that alters your reality forever.
Marty: Oh, that'd be good. I think.

So since tonight was a major holiday of the Anglo variety, I indeed happened to swing by the Library to see what was on simmer. It was pretty busy but not overwhelmingly with regulars of my vintage. I figured with the various Pagan/ Papal overtones interwoven with this day, I'd opt for the Trappists best, at least in the Norman sense which means a round of Chimays for the lads and lasses. This was in addition to a nice couple Pinots with my turkey and a quality porto with my pie. I could go on because last night I pined for a quality beer and got it but that was of the import variety and as you all know that is a different beast entirely than the Belgian subculture, but instead I will say that today was a fine day in central Oklahoma and though I'm icing various points throughout the legs, I had a pleasant day overall.

Debi: You're a psychopath.
Marty: No, no. Psychopaths kill for no reason. I kill for "money". It's a "job". That didn't come out right.

-------------------------------peace to all--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ride the wave

I hit the track this morning for some work. It was another nice morning but I can't imagine the humidity abating for long. Jordan and Meagan had matching workouts of 4-8-12-16-16-12-8-4 w/ 60 second rest. The paces prescribed were quick and I didn't run great but I tried to hang with Jordan on the middle reps. I should hopefully be able to substantially improve on my efforts this morning and maybe feel better doing it. I did something like a 200-500-1100-800-1600-1200-600-200, I wasn't happy with missing out on the first 1600 but I had to break for the restroom and I at least touched on some faster paces on the other reps. The recovery made it a pretty honest effort and I at least was able to sneak below 5:00 pace. My goal for the summer is breaking 15:00 so we'll see what happens. The picture above is my uncle's digital rendering of a wave complete with a frigate bird. I think he used only Adobe throughout the process.

Where you at?

Those were the words uttered, or shouted, over and over at me through the phone as Skolnick and I headed out of the apartment to see what manner of road kill awaited. As we headed down Buchanan St. to try to corral a one Spenis Hunt, we started peaking in to several bars to see where this hooligan was lurking. Our phone convo circuitously proceeded something like Me: All right man we're looking for you, so you're in Joe's? Spenis: Yeah Joe's and Othello's. Where you at? Me: I coming from just up the street at Essex, stay where you are we're coming for you. Spenis: Where you at? La Luna? I'm at White St. and Boomer. Me: Fuck me. How the hell did you get over there so fast? Now where are you, we're on White St. and I don't see you. Spenis: Where the fuck you at? So as you can see, we were in a bind. Spencer was clearly obliterated, PD were out and about, and I couldn't seem to find the asshole, considering I'm walking down the street, which are...

I'm so sorry I came in late this evening, all the clocks around town had died

I had some fatigue in the quads this morning, which I didn't really expect because yesterday was a medium day on the treadmill, but I've been stringing together some good days and every once in a while the quality takes it toll. I feel generally good though running the miles right now. I did just that this evening, but made the mistake of eating the darko choco bar prior to and paid the price at about the hour mark. Stomach started talking to me but I made it home, only felt rubbish on the few strides I actually pulled off. It was a very windy afternoon, but temps were great and I bumped in to Jenny Graef and legged out some miles in good company, after we stopped to let her new pooch out for a whiz. I got into my promo beer this evening, my version of pepto, I had the Southampton IPA and Gordon Biersch Golden Bock. The IPA needs more IBUs albeit having a nice floral aroma, it lacks some punch and the bock was sweet scented and curiously higher alcohol but sort of low on anythi...