Skip to main content

C'mon moodshift- shift back to good again

I'm optimistic again, about things wide-ranging. Last night I made the trip up to Bolero, a new Spanish restaurant in Bricktown, which was decent if not novel for OKC. Spanish food(and wine) have been all the rage as of late, and the place is nicely hip but I think they may have to do more with their cuisine and service to make it last here. That being said, I love the idea of appetizers as a meal and they offered maybe 12-15 options. I wasn't that interested in their entrees, other than paella so I didn't get one instead going with:
Fried Goat-Cheese w/ Honey
Torino wrapped dates
Fried 'chokes w/ dill-cream sauce
Ceviche of shrimp and small scallops
Red Sangria
Our waiter wasn't overly insightful, but he had the hipster thing going and I ribbed him a couple times. I think he could have been a better embassadour of the cuisine but it may not really be warrented by the majority of the customers. After all I'm difficult in that I expect regional food to be just that. The ingredients really aren't anything we would be unfamiliar with here, maybe just the combinations. I actually really enjoy the sweet/salty dichotomy that seems to be a popular element elsewhere besides the US.

Running has been better of late and I managed to get in 100 minutes yesterday, which was pushing it a little bit. I have been running in the current Brooks wear test shoe pretty much exclusively and I like it pretty well. I think that more arch support would be good for me but it seems to have more cushioning than the Brooks Defyance at least, which I think I need right now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ride the wave

I hit the track this morning for some work. It was another nice morning but I can't imagine the humidity abating for long. Jordan and Meagan had matching workouts of 4-8-12-16-16-12-8-4 w/ 60 second rest. The paces prescribed were quick and I didn't run great but I tried to hang with Jordan on the middle reps. I should hopefully be able to substantially improve on my efforts this morning and maybe feel better doing it. I did something like a 200-500-1100-800-1600-1200-600-200, I wasn't happy with missing out on the first 1600 but I had to break for the restroom and I at least touched on some faster paces on the other reps. The recovery made it a pretty honest effort and I at least was able to sneak below 5:00 pace. My goal for the summer is breaking 15:00 so we'll see what happens. The picture above is my uncle's digital rendering of a wave complete with a frigate bird. I think he used only Adobe throughout the process.

Where you at?

Those were the words uttered, or shouted, over and over at me through the phone as Skolnick and I headed out of the apartment to see what manner of road kill awaited. As we headed down Buchanan St. to try to corral a one Spenis Hunt, we started peaking in to several bars to see where this hooligan was lurking. Our phone convo circuitously proceeded something like Me: All right man we're looking for you, so you're in Joe's? Spenis: Yeah Joe's and Othello's. Where you at? Me: I coming from just up the street at Essex, stay where you are we're coming for you. Spenis: Where you at? La Luna? I'm at White St. and Boomer. Me: Fuck me. How the hell did you get over there so fast? Now where are you, we're on White St. and I don't see you. Spenis: Where the fuck you at? So as you can see, we were in a bind. Spencer was clearly obliterated, PD were out and about, and I couldn't seem to find the asshole, considering I'm walking down the street, which are...

I'm so sorry I came in late this evening, all the clocks around town had died

I had some fatigue in the quads this morning, which I didn't really expect because yesterday was a medium day on the treadmill, but I've been stringing together some good days and every once in a while the quality takes it toll. I feel generally good though running the miles right now. I did just that this evening, but made the mistake of eating the darko choco bar prior to and paid the price at about the hour mark. Stomach started talking to me but I made it home, only felt rubbish on the few strides I actually pulled off. It was a very windy afternoon, but temps were great and I bumped in to Jenny Graef and legged out some miles in good company, after we stopped to let her new pooch out for a whiz. I got into my promo beer this evening, my version of pepto, I had the Southampton IPA and Gordon Biersch Golden Bock. The IPA needs more IBUs albeit having a nice floral aroma, it lacks some punch and the bock was sweet scented and curiously higher alcohol but sort of low on anythi...