Skip to main content

Sunday morning samba

Closed out the running for the week with a long one in the 2:20 range, I'll call it 20. Ran the 17 mile out Cedar Lane to 60th and back on Lindsey. I was really full from a late dinner and sluggish but after a few miles and a pit stop, I felt decent and chugged along, concluding with a couple uptempo miles and a dip in the apartment pool. For brunch afterward, I hit Cafe do Brasil in downtown OKC for a change of pace and then caught the Best of Fest Short Films at the OKCMOA. The selection of films was pretty wide ranging and I'm not sure I liked the 2 Okie productions at all, very reliqious and disturbing. I really want to see Wayne Coyne's Christmas on Mars but have no idea when I'll get a chance again.
Also of note is that I got another batch of beer in the fermenter. I'm going to hope for a decent ESB, the rest is up to the powers that be and the yeast. Overall, a good week of training, I'm going to start up a little more 10k pace stuff before long for the push towards the Brookhaven Run. I'm having trouble envisioning myself getting in the marathon tempo work if I do the Chicago marathon but we'll see and at least I can try coming from a different angle than before Boston.
I am sort of scanning every horizon for the fall, not sure if a coaching job is going to come my way along with a change of location or if I'll be subbing, studying, and coaching at NHS or something. So many possibilities and no idea where to play my cards...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ride the wave

I hit the track this morning for some work. It was another nice morning but I can't imagine the humidity abating for long. Jordan and Meagan had matching workouts of 4-8-12-16-16-12-8-4 w/ 60 second rest. The paces prescribed were quick and I didn't run great but I tried to hang with Jordan on the middle reps. I should hopefully be able to substantially improve on my efforts this morning and maybe feel better doing it. I did something like a 200-500-1100-800-1600-1200-600-200, I wasn't happy with missing out on the first 1600 but I had to break for the restroom and I at least touched on some faster paces on the other reps. The recovery made it a pretty honest effort and I at least was able to sneak below 5:00 pace. My goal for the summer is breaking 15:00 so we'll see what happens. The picture above is my uncle's digital rendering of a wave complete with a frigate bird. I think he used only Adobe throughout the process.

Where you at?

Those were the words uttered, or shouted, over and over at me through the phone as Skolnick and I headed out of the apartment to see what manner of road kill awaited. As we headed down Buchanan St. to try to corral a one Spenis Hunt, we started peaking in to several bars to see where this hooligan was lurking. Our phone convo circuitously proceeded something like Me: All right man we're looking for you, so you're in Joe's? Spenis: Yeah Joe's and Othello's. Where you at? Me: I coming from just up the street at Essex, stay where you are we're coming for you. Spenis: Where you at? La Luna? I'm at White St. and Boomer. Me: Fuck me. How the hell did you get over there so fast? Now where are you, we're on White St. and I don't see you. Spenis: Where the fuck you at? So as you can see, we were in a bind. Spencer was clearly obliterated, PD were out and about, and I couldn't seem to find the asshole, considering I'm walking down the street, which are...

I'm so sorry I came in late this evening, all the clocks around town had died

I had some fatigue in the quads this morning, which I didn't really expect because yesterday was a medium day on the treadmill, but I've been stringing together some good days and every once in a while the quality takes it toll. I feel generally good though running the miles right now. I did just that this evening, but made the mistake of eating the darko choco bar prior to and paid the price at about the hour mark. Stomach started talking to me but I made it home, only felt rubbish on the few strides I actually pulled off. It was a very windy afternoon, but temps were great and I bumped in to Jenny Graef and legged out some miles in good company, after we stopped to let her new pooch out for a whiz. I got into my promo beer this evening, my version of pepto, I had the Southampton IPA and Gordon Biersch Golden Bock. The IPA needs more IBUs albeit having a nice floral aroma, it lacks some punch and the bock was sweet scented and curiously higher alcohol but sort of low on anythi...