Skip to main content

East side burning

So my parents are really getting it after it with the house shopping, making use of my sister's realtor friends. I think it is going to happen sooner or later and frankly I think I can get on board with the proposal. It could be a veritable compound with endless possibilites. Today, they got excited about a 10 acre place out around 63rd and Lindsey, so definitely removed from Norman proper. It seems to me that alot of those folks out that way are in to the same things we are a bit of solitude and a chance to manage a decent sized chunk of land. That being said, I can say that I have been to a rave out that way on somebody's estate and JohnBoy was nearly killed by some idiots while running out that way, so a diverse group to look forward to. We shall see.
In other news, I hit up a good 65' run with Hollingsworth who's in solid form and gunning for a 5k road best at the upcoming 1st annual Mexican Heritage Run with who else but Mr. B. J. Grona. The only thing I have ideas about is maybe a medio marathon attempt, in late January or February. Holly's motivated right now so I'm just going to continue prodding the rest of his roommates to get their arses in gear. With JoKin and those dudes we could have a mean little Norman team but nobody is quite as gung-ho as myself and Jordan.
***I'm going to introduce a new addition to the blog tonight, which is a locally relavent link or two along with each of my entries. It should help get everybody excited about Norman and make me appreciate what I have here a little more...
Today I'm highlighting the Norman Recycled Lights Project which will take place during the Norman Winterfest celebration Art Walk that I plan to attend. Admittedly the website is a bit over the top but maybe I can take some pictures at the Festival and show what my donated OJ cartons look like in action.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ride the wave

I hit the track this morning for some work. It was another nice morning but I can't imagine the humidity abating for long. Jordan and Meagan had matching workouts of 4-8-12-16-16-12-8-4 w/ 60 second rest. The paces prescribed were quick and I didn't run great but I tried to hang with Jordan on the middle reps. I should hopefully be able to substantially improve on my efforts this morning and maybe feel better doing it. I did something like a 200-500-1100-800-1600-1200-600-200, I wasn't happy with missing out on the first 1600 but I had to break for the restroom and I at least touched on some faster paces on the other reps. The recovery made it a pretty honest effort and I at least was able to sneak below 5:00 pace. My goal for the summer is breaking 15:00 so we'll see what happens. The picture above is my uncle's digital rendering of a wave complete with a frigate bird. I think he used only Adobe throughout the process.

Where you at?

Those were the words uttered, or shouted, over and over at me through the phone as Skolnick and I headed out of the apartment to see what manner of road kill awaited. As we headed down Buchanan St. to try to corral a one Spenis Hunt, we started peaking in to several bars to see where this hooligan was lurking. Our phone convo circuitously proceeded something like Me: All right man we're looking for you, so you're in Joe's? Spenis: Yeah Joe's and Othello's. Where you at? Me: I coming from just up the street at Essex, stay where you are we're coming for you. Spenis: Where you at? La Luna? I'm at White St. and Boomer. Me: Fuck me. How the hell did you get over there so fast? Now where are you, we're on White St. and I don't see you. Spenis: Where the fuck you at? So as you can see, we were in a bind. Spencer was clearly obliterated, PD were out and about, and I couldn't seem to find the asshole, considering I'm walking down the street, which are...

I'm so sorry I came in late this evening, all the clocks around town had died

I had some fatigue in the quads this morning, which I didn't really expect because yesterday was a medium day on the treadmill, but I've been stringing together some good days and every once in a while the quality takes it toll. I feel generally good though running the miles right now. I did just that this evening, but made the mistake of eating the darko choco bar prior to and paid the price at about the hour mark. Stomach started talking to me but I made it home, only felt rubbish on the few strides I actually pulled off. It was a very windy afternoon, but temps were great and I bumped in to Jenny Graef and legged out some miles in good company, after we stopped to let her new pooch out for a whiz. I got into my promo beer this evening, my version of pepto, I had the Southampton IPA and Gordon Biersch Golden Bock. The IPA needs more IBUs albeit having a nice floral aroma, it lacks some punch and the bock was sweet scented and curiously higher alcohol but sort of low on anythi...